Friday, September 19, 2008

Eminem recording new material, but no release set

(swiped from Reuters)

After several years away from the limelight, rapper Eminem may release a new album this year.

During a recent appearance on his Sirius XM satellite radio station, Shade 45, the MC admitted that he has been producing tracks for his Shady Records artists and himself. Eminem also interviewed MC Masta Ace, who he's long noted as an influence.

"I'm concentrating on my own stuff right now -- just banging out tracks," Eminem said. "The more I keep producing, the better it seems I get. I start knowing stuff, learning the boards like the back of my hands."

An Interscope representative said there is no official release date nor a first single but confirmed that an album may arrive before year's end.

Eminem's last effort, "Encore," was released in 2004.

Hip-hop artist 50 Cent, with whom Eminem has collaborated in the past, spoke to BBC Radio 1 this week and said fans will be "seeing (Eminem) shortly. He's working. I spent the weekend at his house. Even though he tries to relax and stay home, it's impossible for him to stay in."

No comments: